The Indian team has reversed the series by winning the third Test on Nottingham’s Trent Bridge ground. Although England are still 2-1 ahead in the series. In the next two Tests, Team India can do spectacular performances by stopping England from winning the series.
India defeated England by 203 runs in the third cricket Test to score 1-2 in the five-match series. Captain Virat Kohli has reached the second spot behind India’s most successful captain in the list of Sourav Ganguly by winning the Nottingham Test, but now it is a difficult challenge to save the current series against them.
After losing the first two Tests, Team India has strongly reversed England. To prevent England in the series, India will have to continue their splendid performance in the remaining two Tests.
… but the figures are not in favor of Team India. Indeed, it has never happened in the history of the Test so far when India has won the series after winning the third Test after losing the first two Test matches.
After winning the third Test of India, losing the first two Tests, the result of the series
1. Series 1974-75 against the West Indies
– The Indian team lost the first two Tests (Bengaluru and Delhi) of the five Test series against the West Indies.
India won by 85 runs in the third Test played at Colacoata.
– The next Test of Chennai (Immediate Madras) also won by 100 runs to India with 2-2 in the series.
-But the fifth Test match played in Mumbai, India lost by 201 runs and lost the series 2-3.
2. Series of 1977-78 against Australia
– The Indian team lost the first two Tests (Brisbane and Perth) of the five Test series against Australia.
India won by 222 runs in the third Test played at Mellbourne.
India’s next Test win also helped India equalize 2-2 in the series by winning the innings and 2 runs.
– But the fifth Test match played in Adelaide, India lost by 47 runs and lost the series 2-3.
3. Series of 2007-08 against Australia
– Indian team lost the first two Tests (Melbourne and Sydney) of the four Test series against Australia.
India won by 72 runs in third Test played in Perth
-The last test match of Adelaide has been that India has lost 1-2 out of that series.
4. Series of 2017-18 against South Africa
– Indian team lost the first two Tests (Cape Town and Centurion) of the series against South Africa in three Tests.
-The third Test played in Johannesburg, India won by 63 runs. But the series is scarcely 1-2.
5. Series of 2018 against England
– Indian team lost the first two Tests (Birmingham and Lords) of the five Test series against England.
India won by 203 runs in the third Test played at Nottingham. Now there are eyes on the results of the two remaining Tests.